The Recycled Catholic

The Recycled Catholic
The Recycled Catholic

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Antique Religious Postcards Saint Therese and her History.


Have you ever prayed for the soul of a murderer?
Not a topic you would expect is it? I'm not sure I would. For some reason this touched the heart of Saint Therese.
She prayed for weeks for the soul and conversion of this man who preformed a triple murder in Paris, France 1887.
It was so grisly it made international news for weeks during the investigation. Her prayers day and night made the news!
I came across this postcard of Saint Therese praying at her bedside. I got very curious because of the illustrations on the postcard. If you look above you can see God and Jesus with a lightening bolt. The next illustration on the right shows the criminal kissing the cross. I had no idea what this was about until I translated the inscription. After doing some research I came across this article from the news in 1887. http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&d=TAN18871022.2.34
The man Pranzini was guillotined , struggling the entire time.
Little Flower was only 14 years old at the time. You never know what you might find in a pile of old postcards.

More of my collection of Saint Therese

I haven't researched this one yet! I wondering what War this is? If you have clues, leave me a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment